The kids have really wanted a Wii for quite sometime. With neither one of us being video game type people and the economy not being all that great, buying a Wii was not on the top of our priority list. Then, my in-laws graciously gifted the kids some spending money for vacation this summer. There were no restrictions on it so they could use it for whatever they wanted. Immediately they decided they would put the money together and buy a Wii. I told them they had to wait until vacation was over because there may be things they want to get while on vacation. They didn't know we were surprising them with trip to Disneyland and I just knew they would blow it all at Disneyland and the Wii would long be forgotten. They took the money to Disneyland with them and bought a few trinkets, fun stuff but nothing really over the top. So much for what I know!
Now we're back home and they were just dying to buy the Wii. We had to wait until we went to town for the day to purchase it. So, yesterday was the day. Buckaroo had a dr. appt and we had school supplies to get so off to the big city we went. Of course, the first place we went was to buy the Wii. This was at 10:00am in the morning. They had to endure all the errands, a dr. appt and the drive home. At last they could play their Wii. But wait, mom has to set it up and make dinner. Well, in my house food comes first (a personal pleasure I like to indulge in) so we ate. FINALLY, the Will process begins.
I have to put the system together, no small task with our cumbersome entertainment center. Then we make the little Mii people. It was fun but the kids were chomping at the bit to get the games going. It was Punky Girl's day to go first (a little rule that saves my sanity and alleviates fights-odd days are hers and evens are his). Buckaroo did very well at stepping aside and letting his sister fumble through her first experience with the Wii. See, he has played many times at friends and knew exactly what to do. His patience was spread thin, bu he did fine. After all, we set a time limit of 10 minutes per turn to help speed along taking turns. At last, Buckaroo got his chance. He geared up the baseball game. He had a perm-a-grin on his face as he was getting into his hitting groove and then Boom! NO, not a grand slam on Wii, a power outage from the storm raging outside that I had failed to pay attention to. I couldn't believe it. He got his five minutes of glory and then it was over. The build up, the waiting, and then nothing. I really thought tears would erupt and hysterics would occur. Luckily, the storm was so amazing, the Wii was temporarily forgotten and we had family time on the couch watching the storm. No Wii can beat that!
Wednesday, July 22
Wiiiiiii...Booooom!
Labels: summertime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 Comment:
Sarah at RealLife (http://www.reallifeblog.net/) is part of something called Wii Fit Mommies. We don't have a Wii, so I haven't kept up with what she has going on there, but it might be something to look at--I'm sure she has a link somewhere on her blog.
xoxo,
~A
Post a Comment