Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 27

The List

A Gun

A Bible

Fish

Some books


What does this list sound like to you? Maybe a survival list? A hunter's packing list? Well, if you are thinking along this line, you are wrong. This would be my son's Christmas list. Yeah, I know, not a normal list but then again, this is what you get when parents start picking things they always wanted as a child. The gun, of course, came from Nimrod and his idea that Buckaroo needed his own shotgun to go bird hunting with him. The bible was actually a request from Buckaroo (yes, I cried when he asked for a bible, I was so full of little fuzzies inside). A fish-this was me. The kids love to play with their uncle's fish and are very intrigued by it. So, I thought beta fish for each of them would be good. I always said that if I ever picked a pet it would be a fish. Guess what? I really like the fish. Yes, me, the anti-pet person loves these fish. I talk to them when the kids aren't around and check on them constantly. I have grown quite attached these last few weeks while I hid them and took care of them before Christmas. Anyway, I digress....Lastly, books--I am an English teacher what else would you expect for me to get my kids? Fortunately for Nimrod and I, Buckaroo liked these gifts and few others he received. Whew, we get to live out our childhood wishes for one more year!


Hope all of you had a love-filled, joyous Christmas!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...fish...How do you "play" with a fish? lol

Amy

Auntie Em said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one wondering this, So-o-o-o-o Beaner how do you play with a fisht?

ocm said...

We 'trained' our beta in college. We would tap the water before we fed him and then he'd always come kiss our finger--it was a silly fish...he'd follow our fingers too---doing back flips and stuff.

Hope you continue to enjoy the little guys!

That's more pet than I'll ever have again!

: )