We headed North for a long, relaxing weekend with the kids anticipating a fun-filled time where we would hang out by the lake and they would catch fish. No one let the fish know that and the fish didn't cooperate very well at all. But, despite starving because we had no fish to eat, we managed to have a great time. Luckily, we had a trailer full of junk food to tide us over. We also enjoyed some great rain, a few hands of poker, which I finally beat Buckaroo at, and quality family time picking on each other and getting mud in places it doesn't belong. My hubby got to spend some alone time in the great outdoors, which always makes him happy. Punky got to peel out on the quad and jump some hills, (I shiver when I think about her turning sixteen if her quad driving is any indicator of what is to come). I got to read 2 books, oh my!
"Look Mom, no hands." Maybe this is why we caught no fish :)
No fish were caught, but apparently crawdads are a good runner up. This was caught as the raindrops of a HUGE storm were beginning.
Our resident "cool rider"-mind you, it was raining, but all riders NEED shades
What a couple of handsome men
Notice I have no pole in my hand, my favorite kind of fishing






6 Comments:
Yeah! You're up and running! I am so excited for you to join the land of the Momblogger!
xoxo
Looks GREAT!!! Looking forward to following your adventures...it really is a great way to keep in touch!
Luv ya!
: )
I'm so happy your out here with us. This is the only way to go to keep family and friends updated. I have two friends that I graduated with 50 years ago this next spring that check every week to see what is truly going on with me.
I love the photos. The kids are growing entirely too fast.
Welcome to the land of bloggers! Have fun.
Hello devoted fans and followers. Thanks for checking in on my blog. Auntie Em, can you email me your blog address? I can't find it.
Stay tuned for the next episode coming soon!
Well, now that all my children have blogs, I will be getting a lot less done, checking each one during the day to see what is new - I really enjoy it and dad loves all the pix and news :)
Post a Comment