In most regions of the country, Fall is marked by the changing of leaves and cooling of weather. Well, not so in my family. It is marked by when Dove season begins because this is the changing of meals, when I never know what kind of meat we will be sampling for dinner that night. So, in reality, Fall is AKA Hunting Season for our household. While I love the bonding that occurs with my husband and son, there are a few things I prefer not to refuse to eat. However, I do enjoy the pictures I get from these outings. Just wait until I get my elk, then you'll see some fantastic pictures :)
Buckaroo and his "kill" for the night. Only enough for him and Punky (Oh, darn!)
We had a random rainstorm that lasted maybe 6 minutes so the kids ran out and tried to catch raindrops on their tongues before lightening got close. Looking at the sky, you would never know there was a rainstorm happening.






3 Comments:
I'm SO thankful I'm only expected to cook the mammals that come home with J!
I love those two!
I miss having game around. Especially a good elk steak. Good luck with the hunt!
: )
The "rain storm" was rather random - wasn't sure if you got it on your side of the valley. We were working outside and dad had to come in because of the lightning - we don't need another strike there - game is not all bad, just some :) ls
Post a Comment