Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 6

First Day of School

The first day of school, sigh, comes with mixed feelings. Our summer was short and hot, but am I really ready for the regimen of school to start? The kids played so well together this summer, almost like they liked each other, I hate to see that end. And yet, the days of them being siblings and pushing each others buttons can be gone forever (fat chance of that happening!) Buckaroo has been counting down the HOURS until school starts. He started a week ago, talk about a math lesson. As a "grader" he can hardly wait. I asked him what he was excited for and he said, "a new teacher, a new class, seeing friends, playing at recess, all of it!!!"While Punky Girl doesn't go to school yet, she will go daily for a couple of hours to a preschool where she can boss the rest of the kids around. And so, the inklings of an empty nest are starting. However, dare I say this aloud, I am looking forward to the quietness of our home. Oh, rats! I did something wrong. I won't really be home. I will be teaching high school students--I traded in my quiet time to torment other people's children. I might have to reevaluate my sanity as the year goes on.

Does anyone else have kids who can't do a normal picture without the promise of being able to do a goofy one?

1 Comment:

Amber@OneMamma said...

Picle generally refuses to pose regardless. :o)