Christmas came and went and the new year started at a rapid speed. January 1, 2010 started with my javelina, a.k.a. pig, archery hunt. Nimrod woke me up at 9am to go hunt the javelina that had been tormenting our dog and keeping me up for hours many, many nights. It was time for me to exact my revenge on these over-sized rodents that have been depriving me of my desperately needed sleep. It was supposed to be a slam dunk hunt--20 yards, one shot, no trudging all over the desert to chase these stinky animals. Well, that is would have been the case had I not missed! Yes, at 20 yards I missed and off we went. Four hours later-- no food, no water,--I finally killed one. Did he die on the spot? Oh no, we had to chase him over a few hills and through the desert to watch him die. As soon as he died and I tagged him, I promptly dropped to my knees and puked and puked. I don't do well hiking without food and water. In between puking, Nimrod took a few pictures of me and the stinky boar. We even sent them in text messages. Nothing like prioritizing needs (insert a sarcastic tone). Looking back on it, the chase and the kill was fun and challenging and would have been much more enjoyable had I been prepared. But, for my first archery kill, it was fun. Day 1 of the New Year- my hunting quota was met.
me-1point
me-1point
animals-0 points
Of course, Nimrod could not be outdone with me getting a kill in before him. The next day he went out archery deer hunting. He ended up killing a really nice mule deer, not as big as his strip deer, but a nice deer anyway. He was able to call his dad and have him bring Buckaroo out to where he shot it so that Buckaroo could use his new buck knife to help skin it out. That was a thrill for Buckaroo.






1 Comment:
Cole,
I like to believe that you did this update just for me, but I know that all of the family is thrilled with your update. Lordy oh Lordy it has been a busy time for you and now into the busy school season.
Do you suppose that there will be a trip in Oct. like last year? I would love to see all of you. Things are starting to calm down some around here.
Love to all 4 of you guys. I miss seeing you.
Love,
Aunite Em
Post a Comment