Something happened over the summer. I didn't see it coming but I should have. The signs were there. People kept commenting on it but it didn't register to me what was going on. And then, BOOM! It smacked me in the face with the click of a camera. In the blink of a shutter, my little boy was gone. He grew up, figuratively and literally. One month he was showing me how proud he was of his squirrel kill with his sweet little boy smile and the next month I get flashed the peace sign. As soon as I saw the picture I knew my baby boy was no longer a baby. I should have seen it coming; the pictures tell the story--the tongue sticking out, the aggressive base running, the showing off on the boogie board. All the proof was there, it just took me looking at the pictures to realize the truth. While I jest in this post about it, I am genuinely saddened by the whole process. I will never get him back. I only have the memories and pictures to remember what a sweet thing he was. I am sure the next phase of Buckaroo will be a wild ride, well maybe not wild-it is Vanilla Buckaroo-but it won't be the same.

I know he did my family proud with this peace sign-the tradition lives on!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment