Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 15

The ULTIMATE Hunt Is On

Some of you remember my elk hunt from last year and what an experience that was. Well, our family is experiencing something ever bigger than that. Nimrod drew a strip tag--no, it has NOTHING to do with Vegas. The strip is a hunting area that is the most sought after mule deer hunting area in the United States because of the record book deer that come out of it-no exaggeration. He hasn't been drawn for mule deer in 12 years because he has been putting in for this highly sought after tag. So, here we are 12 years later. I am so excited for him to be able to experience this.

Nimrod was in shock the first few days and now he wants the whole world to know he gets to go hunting on the strip. He said to me the other day, "If I am distracted, forget things you tell me or seem out of it for the next 3 months, I apologize now." I just looked at him with a confused look, wondering where the conversation was going. Then he smiles and says, "I got a strip tag. I can't think straight!" I smiled and told him that as long as he didn't neglect me or the kids I could live with him for the next few months being distracted. But, you know what? He wasn't kidding. He has been forgetting lots of things which means he really isn't listening to me that well. What can I do? He has a strip tag!

The only down side is that he will be gone most of November. The kids and I will survive but it will be a challenge. Nimrod is already freaking out about being gone from us that long. Hopefully he will kill the record book deer on the first day and it will cut the hunt short by two weeks. If you feel like praying for that, I am good with it :).

I will post some pics once the big one is killed in a few months.

1 Comment:

Auntie Em said...

Tell Nimrod congratulations.

Being raised in a hunting family I know how very important this is. Believe it or not it is up there with his first child being born.

If Dad was still with us he would be totally exuberant.