Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 16

It's Summertime!

Yes, the Kenny Chesney song is running through my head. We are in the middle of a HOT summer and are spending some time inside to avoid melting, literally. For all of you in who live here, you know exactly what I mean. Gone are the carefree days of "Two bare feet on the dashboard, young love and old Ford..." (all of which I had one summer). Now I livin' the life of, well, I can't quote the words of the song because this site is G-Rated but if you know Rodney Atkins music, you know what one I mean. But, I am keeping on going. Actually, Life is Good-my new motto thanks to the awesome clothes. By the way, if you haven't tried the shirts, they are really soft, really! I digress, moving on...

Summer is here and we are having a blast with the kids. I noticed that the last time I posted was in March so most of you don't know how much fun we have been having but that is because most of our family fun has to do with baseball and since baseball started the first of April and we were at the park five nights a week that is where most of my awake time has been spent. Although, there are times I even dream about baseball (being the president of our local little league does that to some people....namely me) so even some of my non-waking hours are spent on baseball. Kindof obsessive-compulsive, I know.

Before I get in to baseball and our amazing few months we had with it, I thought I would share some of the events going on in our lives. The last time I wrote, I talked about the numbers in our lives and sadly I have one more tally to add to the numbers. Keith's grandma died on Good Friday. Yes, if you have to pick a weekend to die, Resurrection Weekend is definitely on the top of the list. But, for those of us left here, it wasn't so great. That makes a total of five deaths Keith and I experienced through both sides of our families, with both of us losing our grandmas. We have grieved quite extensively over these deaths but found that good does come out of them. We have been able to spend a vast amount of time with family that I don't think any one of us would have taken the time out of our lives to do on a normal basis. Two of of Keith's cousins got married so we have two more women in the male dominated family-yippee! Shouts out to the new Peterson women--trial by fire with all the funerals but you two came out with flying colors, glad you're with us.

I also got to spend some time with one of my sisters and one of my brothers while at my Grandma's funeral. I really had a blast being with them and getting to know them as an adult. Most of my memories are of them when I was younger. Now I have great memories of them that we created together as adults. Hey Sis, stay way from eagle watching--it creates quite a commotion on off the roadways. Sigh, I miss talking with them. I must get better at that considering we all live in the same state!

Okay, now for the grand finale (I think I Have seen a few too many fireworks this year)pictures are coming. I know that is why most of you tune into my zany ramblings.

0 Comments: