Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 7

Fa-la-la-la

So, Christmas decorating was different this year. Prior to kids, I did the decorating of the house and tree. Nimrod would tell me how wonderful it looked and I relished in the fact that I could do it exactly how I wanted. Then, we had kids came along and they helped do the tree ( few ornaments anyway) and then I finished the tree and decorated the house. They also asked why we didn't have lights outside like all the other houses. So, Nimrod bought 2 token strings of lights and that was it. Well, each year he has added more strings. No biggie, I still did the house and tree. All of that changed this year. Punky Girl and Buckaroo wanted to do the tree-ALL of it. I was delegated to handing the ornaments off to them. And, she wanted to help decorate the house. I had a big choice before me. Do I want it done the way I like it or do I let her help and let go how I think things should be. I took the high road and let her help (big of me, I know). It turned out to be so much fun for the two of us. She did most of the work and took ownership in decorating our home.


I have no idea what what they are doing here, but it is a funny picture.



Punky's wall decor of Christmas Pasts.






The grand finale of the whole day was that unbeknownst to me, Nimrod was outside busily working on Christmas lights. Mr. Two-Strings has become a light artist. This is the view coming down the road to our house. We went from the bare minimum to a cross on our roof and our pillars striped. Who knew my husband was so creative with Christmas lights?


1 Comment:

ocm said...

Who knows? Maybe next year you'll go out to find some candy cane saguaros (I miss those!)

It's great to see everyone is in the decorating spirit!
: )